|22nd Jun 2019||9:00 am||Social||2019/20|
Natwest Rugbyforce returns and volunteers are needed to help get our club ready for the new season. We need painters, cleaners, DIYers, gardeners, clothes modelers and anyone that just wants to join in. It doesn’t matter if you can donate an hour, day or the whole weekend, together many hands make light work. We also have a special guest coming!
Jobs so far;
1) Build platform for wheelchairs at the Merton Lane end.
For this part of the weekend Canterbury RFC has been selected as one of six clubs to have won a 2019 NatWest RugbyForce £3,000 grant for their ‘Club for All’ themed project.
As part of the prize our club will receive;
• A grant of £3,000 towards the project (grants will be paid by BACS to the club bank details the RFU has on record by Friday 24 May 2019)
• A visit by a Rugby Legend on either the 22 or 23 June to assist with your project (further information will be communicated to you in due course)
2) Put a secure door on the back of the media tower.
3) Run a video link from the top of the media tower to the bottom so we can feed video back into clubhouse using the new scoreboard software.
4) Paint the whole of the outside of the clubhouse – A massive thank you to Dave Manning who has agreed to fund the cost of the paint, and materials needed.
5) Paint the physio room – A massive thank you to Dave Manning who has agreed to fund the cost of the paint, and materials needed.
6) Cut hedges and clear behind the scoreboard side of the pitch.
7) Remove old furniture from clubhouse.
8) Sort the old stock from inside the shop and report on what items can be given away, reduce in price and items that can be sold via the new website shop.
9) Replace plastic corrugated sheets around players entrance.
10) Sort and repair all shields in clubhouse.
11) Paint scoreboard on top pitch.
12) Power Hose Stand, bins and patio.
13) Paint warning strips onto stand steps.
14) Sheet the rear of the croc bar.
15) Dig a trench for hose for 1st team training.
16) Install a water fountain/trough.
17) Tree cutting around Marquee.
18) Repair Guttering on dug outs.
19) Dispose of old fridge and freezer at the rear of the clubhouse.
20) Clear and sort containers as required.
21) Level entrance to lunch marquee so we can give better wheelchair access.
22) Stop leak in 1st team container.