Job opportunity – General Manager
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at Canterbury Rugby Football Club (CRFC). We are currently seeking a General Manager to oversee the Club’s daily operations and manage its business aspects. The primary duties of the post holder will include reviewing and implementing operational procedures, HR, staffing, finance, assisting section heads, and ensuring the day-to-day smooth running of the Club alongside the Executive Committee.
Based at The Marine Travel Ground and reporting to the Club Chairman, the postholder will have the following duties and responsibilities –
- Overseeing the management & operation of the Club and carry out policies laid down by the Chairman and the Club Committee
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club Treasurer, preparation and development of budgets and financial plans.
- Produce and oversee an innovative and creative sales and marketing plan
- Motivating and leading a team of staff at all levels to achieve Club objectives.
- Ensuring the clubhouse, players’ facilities, pitches, grounds, and other facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation. Constantly updating and introducing the club’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as manage media and other external communication.
- Representing the Club professionally in its dealings with all third parties including the franchised on-site gym and restaurant.
We are offering an attractive package commensurate with experience to the right candidate.
To apply, email email@example.com highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience with an up-to-date CV by 12.00 pm on Monday 9th May.
The Marine Travel Ground
Merton Lane North
View and download the full job description details –